WIRED: 3D Magazine
Quarantine: Curing Global Warming
The Future of Social Distancing?
Quarantine has reduced how much carbon dioxide is released into the air due to factory shutdowns and staying home. People ages 15-30 of all ethnicities and backgrounds around the world should be most concerned. The working class can have a future on Earth while helping to reduce CO2 emissions. Quarantine and social distancing has also further slowed and prevented future damage and pollution to the Earth caused by humans. Science has proved that having a quarantine can decrease how much CO2 emissions are released.
- The magazine is first to report on this topic and can expand on it before anyone else
- The topic can take off and it could be a good way to get people talking even if it’s controversial
- As a magazine company it is a way to target and gain more of a younger audience
- Global warming may not improve unless this issues is recognized with a solution but the article is meant to grab your attention and successfully get the message across to the target audience
- Research must be done and accurate in order for the article to succeed
- If it were to be printed as an actual article versus a digital article it goes against “going green” and being Earth friendly which can cause backlash
Final Concept Design Rational
The ways in which I resolved these issues and limitations by creating easy visuals to successfully get my message across. Upon finishing this magazine cover I wanted the reader to actively change their lives to slow the release of CO2 emissions in the air.
In my final design I had referred to other WIRED magazine covers as examples as to how I laid out my work and the colors I had chosen. On every magazine the test was always in contrast to the background. As well as, the font I had chosen, helvetica neue, is one of the most common fonts that WIRED magazine uses on their covers. I wanted this cover design to be as consistent as possible with the WIRED brand. Another thing I considered in my final layout is the choice of wording for my header and sub-header on the cover. After numerous times going back and forth on what it should say I had finally made a decision that would make a strong and lasting impact. The heading title I had decided to go with is “Quarantine: Curing Global Warming”. The sub header I had decided to go with is “The Future of Social Distancing”. Even when choosing which articles to add to the cover I had chosen pre-written articles by WIRED Magazine that related to my topic about global warming in relation to quarantine.
If you would like a cover design for your magazine, book or any product visit my contact page and let me know how I can help you and your business. You can also visit my other work and projects by visiting my home page or any of my social media accounts. Contact me today to get started on our next project!