How to Make Homemade Lasagna
Pare Design has been tasked with making an opening sequence animation for a how to video with a 30 second opening title sequence. Recorded with a DSLR, Nikon D3200, Pare Design recorded how to make homemade lasagna. For the opening title sequence there are a lot of visual elements taken from the video to make the credits roll on screen in a graphically exciting way. This animation was produced using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premier Pro. For ingredients and instructions on how to make homemade lasagna you can watch the full video below.
The first step in creating any project is to create a storyboard and mood board of what you are aiming to achieve visually. Especially when shooting video it is best to pre-compose your shots prior to shooting to save time and money in the long run. Below you can see all of the storyboarding pre-production work that was produced to make the production portion of this project run smooth and efficiently. This is created for both the animation opening sequence and the video production.
In the production portion of any project there are some things that may change due to challenges and obstacles that may arise. Some of these issues was being able to record in consistent lighting, taking multiple shots that look consecutive from different angles, and recording all of the content needed based on the storyboard in addition to back up shots and extras. The footage and time frame given to produce the final animation and video is also an important factor to keep in mind so the target audience doesn’t loose interest.
After recording there were hours of footage that had been cut down to fit a 3 to 5 minute time frame for the final video with an additional 30 second title sequence with 3 or more credits that is required. In the final video and title sequence, below, you can see that the outcome aligns up exactly with how the pre-produced storyboard had been designed. For the full list of ingredients and instructions they are provided for you below the tutorial video.
If you have trouble viewing the video above please use this link to watch the opening animation and video.
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles
- 3 qts. water
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 mild Italian sausages
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 28 oz. can of “kitchen ready” tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste, diluted with 1 can water
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried sweet basil
- 16 oz. ricotta cheese
- 16 oz. mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Bring water to a boil, add salt and oil, cook a few of the noodles at a time according to the package. Rinse and drain them on paper towels.
- In the meantime, brown the beef and sausages in a large skillet. Add in tomatoes, diluted tomato paste, onions, garlic and seasonings.
- Grease a 13″x9″x2″ casserole dish. Ladle 3/4 cups sauce into the bottom of the pan.
- Top with noodles. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Add more sauce and repeat step 4 until you run out of noodles and cheese.
- Top the lasagna with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
At Pare Design, we can create marketing videos that can be used to promote your company, brand or personal projects across multiple social media platforms. For more information or to find out how to start creating your own video and opening sequence contact Pare Design today.